DAEM S.A. (City of Athens IT Company) is the oldest and most significant Local Government IT Company, as it has been operating since 1983, aimed at providing Cloud based multiplatform e-Government to local government organizations, public administration and other authorities and organisations.
DAEM constitutes one of the most solid links in the chain of implementation and support of two-way communication nodes with citizens, residents and visitors of the city. At the same time, it significantly contributes to the digital convergence of the operational standards of the City of Athens with those of other European Municipalities.
DAEM partners with leading IT companies, research institutions, SMEs and other local authorities providers within Greece and Europe when implementing co-funded EG projects, national projects, NSRF projects, with the commitment of quality services provision certified according to ISO 9001:2008, ELOT 1429:2008 and ELOT 1431-2:2008:level 1.
DAEM has participated in and completed several European co-funded projects, such as: P.I.C. INTERREG III B – Méditerranée occidentale: TECHNOLANGUE, M-Guide project: Cultural Location Based Information Services and CUSPIS: Cultural Heritage Space Identification System, CIP-PSP-B Puzzled by Policy, CIP-PSP-B Peripheria, CIP Citadel and FP7 Aniketos. And is currently implementing CIP Radical. National co-funded projects under Cooperation such as Viopolis have also been completed and other information society and digital convergence projects are also being implemented.
The development and promotion of new innovative services, which are fundamental to the smart and sustainable city idea, lies at the heart of DAEM’s interest and is a strategic objective at the city level. The specialised department for Research and Development is fully qualified for the design, development and implementation of integrated information systems and committed to the success of any scale and scope Information and Communications Technology (ICT) project by building on relevant project and activities experience and expertise in key areas and by exploiting communication channels to further promote project developments.
Our e-Government services (80 on-line) will set the scene for the real-time pilot execution tests. Existing user communities and citizen groups will be involved in various testing activities interacting and providing feedback in an innovative way.
Relevant EU or national Projects:
- FP7-ICT-2009-5 Aniketos  “Secure and Trustworthy Composite Services” (2010-2014): Development of new technology, methods, tools and security services that support the design-time creation and run-time dynamic behaviour of composite services. More information at www.aniketos.eu.
- CIP-ICT-PSP-2009-3bis Puzzled by Policy  “ Helping you be part of the EU” (2010-2013) Provision of a platform and easy-to-use communication and interaction tools so that citizens have a voice and a say in immigration policy making at all levels while interacting with decision-makers. www.puzledbypolicy.eu
- CIP-ICT-PSP-2010-4 Peripheria  “ Networked smart peripheral cities for sustainable lifestyles” (2010-2013) Enabling social and technological innovation in cities by providing a platform and respective innovative mobile applications that allow citizens to provide their ideas on how to improve the city in terms of services to be promoted by cities, within a co-creation environment. www.peripheria.eu
- CIP-ICT-PSP-2011-5 Citadel  “Citadel on the move” (2011-2015) Helping cities design and apply strategies on opening up and exploiting their data and providing easy to use tools that can help anybody to create a mobile application by using open data. www.citadelonthemove.eu
- CIP-ICT-PSP-2012-6 Radical  “Rapid Deployment and adoption of sustainable socially-aware and intelligent sensing services for emerging smart cities”. www.radical-project.eu